Re-Open St Charles Support Grant Application
The St Charles Business Alliance Re-Open St Charles Grant Application is intended to provide financial help to re-open businesses located in St Charles who have been closed or have seen significant reduction in revenue due to the pandemic. The Maximum available for the grants is $150,000 and the maximum amount awarded to any one business will be $5,000.
Below is important information about the grant:
• You will need to turn in a W9 with your applications.
• All applications will need to be emailed to a secure email address:
• The official application will go live on Monday, June 8th at 10am.
• Applications will be on our website starting June 8th at 10am, we will also send a reminder email that the application is live on Monday, June 8th at 10am.
• No applications will be accepted prior to Monday, June 8th at 10am.
Here is the breakdown of what your business can apply for depending on your tax revenue for 2019. We will be confirming these amounts as well once your application has been received.
• If your tax revenue was between: $10,000 to $500,000 , you can receive $1,000
• If your tax revenue was between:$500,000 to $1,000,000, you can receive $2,300
• If your tax revenue was between:$1,000,000 to 1,500,000, you can receive $3,650
• If your tax revenue was between:$ 1,500,000 to 2.000.000, you can receive $5,000
St Charles Business Support Grant Administrative Rules
The City of St Charles declared a local state of disaster affecting the public health and well being due to the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) (“Disaster Declaration”). The St Charles Business Alliance (“Alliance”) has acknowledged the financial burden on the City’s small business community, and therefore, the Alliance has established the Re-Open St Charles Grant Program (hereto referred as “Grant Program”), which is a Grant Program to provide funds to St Charles businesses that have suffered economic loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic. “The Grant Program” will distribute a portion of the St Charles Businesses Alliance general reserve funds at its discretion to eligible local businesses to supply businesses with immediate funds for short-term financial operational needs such as payroll, payment to suppliers, payment to service providers, or payment of utilities. The Grant may NOT be used for capital expenditures.
Eligible Businesses to Receive Grant
To be considered an eligible business to receive a Grant, businesses must meet the following requirements:
1. Business must be located within the City of St Charles
2. The application due date shall be June 15, 2020. Applications will be processed as they are received. Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis.
3. Business must remain open for at least 60 days after receiving the Grant
4. Limited to sale-tax producing businesses only with revenue between $10,000 and $2 million in taxable sales last year. This total must equate to over $10,000 and under $2 million to be eligible.
5. Businesses with more than five units are not eligible to participate in this program.
6. Home-based businesses are not eligible.
8. Businesses must not have ceased operations permanently, but businesses that temporarily closed due to Coronavirus are eligible.
9. Businesses must have verifiable sales losses as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic and must be able to provide verification with a start date of March 17th when Governor Pritzker’s shelter-in-place order was issued.
10. A Grant distributed to a business shall be used solely for operational expenses for payments for payroll, for rent, for suppliers, for service providers, for utilities or a combination thereof. Grant funds awarded for operational expenses must be paid within thirty (30) days of receipt of the funds from the Alliance. Once the Grant funds are expended by the business, the business must within ten (10) calendar days of the expenditure submit via email to the Alliance, one or more receipts showing the full grant funds have been expended as authorized by these Grant Program
11. Applicant shall complete and sign the Re-Open St Charles Grant application in form as attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Grant Program Application”). The Grant Program Application includes an acknowledgement providing Alliance’s representatives permission to use sales tax information provided to the State of Illinois and creates an acknowledgement of the business that any violation of state, local or administrative rules for the basis of this grant program shall require the business to refund the grant funds in full to the Alliance including the cost of any and all collection efforts taken to obtain the repayment of the funds to the Alliance including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees.
Click the PDF icon below to download the application
Terms and Conditions
The Grant Program shall be administered in the sole discretion of the St Charles Business Alliance and nothing in this program creates a right to any business to receive any funds or creates an obligation of the Alliance to expend any funds. The Alliance is offering, through an application (“Application”), the ability of eligible St Charles businesses to receive a grant based on their sales.
All Grants by the Alliance are expressly conditioned upon the satisfactory completion of an “Application” and adherence to these Grant Program Administrative Rules.
The Grant Program Application must be completed and submitted to the Alliance via email to (link to be provided) by June 15, 2020. A federal tax form W-9 must also be submitted in accordance with federal and state law.
A Grant distributed to a business shall be used solely for operational expenses for payments for payroll, for suppliers, for service providers, for utilities or a combination thereof. Such operational expenses shall be paid within thirty (30) days of receipt of the funds from the Alliance. Grant funds awarded for such operational expenses must be paid within thirty (30) days of the receipt of the funds from the Alliance.
If a Grant is approved, it will be awarded via check in the name of the business submitted on the Application. Grant funds awarded are not transferable or assignable to any other person, owner, entity or business without the express written consent of the Alliance.
Refund of Grant
If at any point these Grant Program Administrative Rules are not strictly adhered to, the Grant funds provided shall be returned to the Alliance in the full amount within ten (10) calendar days of receiving notice of a breach of the Grant Program. The failure of the business to refund the grant after receiving a notice of breach shall entitle the Alliance to take any and all steps to collect the grant proceeds, and the business shall be liable for any and all costs associated with the collection including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees based upon the failure to adhere to state, local and grant program terms and conditions
Proprietary Information and General Release
Applicants shall permit Alliance representatives to make all reasonable inspections and investigations of the business’ sales tax information during the process period of the Application. Applicants, as a necessary part of the Application process, shall provide to the Alliance or otherwise allow the Alliance to obtain and use all sales tax information, including all municipal sales tax information, of the business. Such information shall no longer be deemed proprietary and confidential for purposes of this Grant Program. All payments under the Grant Program may be made public and may contain the amount of the Grant funds awarded to the business and the business’ name and information. Applicants upon submission of an application, hereby release and discharge the Alliance and its respective officers, directors, partners, associates, agents, servants, employees, successors and assignees of and from all claims, demands, causes of action or suits at law or equity, whether known or unknown, fixed or contingent, liquidated o unliquidated, of which the applicant may now have or ever have had or may hereafter have for or because of any matter of thing done, omitted or sought to be done by the Alliance as a result of this grant application program.